Saturday, October 25, 2014

❤ Right of Way by Lauren Barnholdt | Book Review ❤


Right of Way by Lauren Barnholdt

Publisher: Simon Pulse
Released Date: July 9th, 2013
Pages: 320
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance, Road Trip
Format & Source: eBook from King County Library System

Lauren Barnholdt wrote many great and famous Young Adult Chick Lit such as Two-Way Street, One Night That Changes Everything, Through To You, etc...

SUMMARY: (cr. Goodreads)
Can a road trip repair a romance gone wrong? Find out in this standalone companion to Lauren Barnholdt’s Two-way Street.
Here are Peyton and Jace, meeting on vacation. Click! It’s awesome, it’s easy, it’s romantic. This is the real deal.
Unless it isn’t. Because when you’re in love, you don’t just stop calling one day. And you don’t keep secrets. Or lie. And when your life starts falling apart, you’re supposed to have the other person to lean on.
Here are Peyton and Jace again, broken up but thrown together on a road trip. One of them is lying about the destination. One of them is pretending not to be leaving something behind. And neither of them is prepared for what’s coming on the road ahead…

Before Reading:
I found this book while browsing through my online Library eBook section! I thought the author name was really familiar. Knowing that Google is my best friend, I did some research, and found out that Lauren Barnholdt also wrote Two-Way Street, one of my favorite book in my Wishlist. I also found out that this was the 'Companion novel' to Two-Way Street, so I thought I should be familiar with all of the characters after I finish this book, Right of Way, and decided to check it out.

While Reading:
I cringe a lot at the cheesiness of the romance and all, but one thing I adore from this book is the 'playing hard to get' game between Peyton and Jace! Be honest, who think Hector is the cutest fictional dog ever raise your hand! *raise mine immediately*
The ending wasn't satisfying also.. So throughout the book, Peyton was being stubborn because her mom used her name to buy stuffs, but in the end, I still don't know how she fix that. So the main reason why she left because she's mad at her mom, was to end with her coming to Jace's house.. WHAT?

Here is one thing to keep in mind while reading this book, every 2 chapters, the present tense and past tense is going to switch. So it'll be like: Chapter 1 - Jace POV (flashback), then the date and the time. Chapter 2 - Peyton POV (flashback), Chapter 3 - Peyton POV (present), Chapter 4 - Jace POV (present), and it just goes on like that..

I found it annoying when she repeat their thought when it is exactly the same..
Displaying photo 1.PNG
~~
Displaying photo 3.PNG
I'm like "Okay! I got it, they still like each other! I can tell!!".


Evaluation:
I give this book 3.5 buns out of 5 buns.

I personally adore books that revolve around a road trips, because I think the romance is more 'adventurous' and challenging! Although, it was also disappointing when I finished the book and not a single road trip-adventure happened in the book.. The story line was about her running away because she was mad at her mom, but at the end of the book, it ends with her coming to Jace's house.. -.- I thought she would either end up at North Carolina with Jace or Jace would bring her home to Connecticut..

If you want to read this book because you like Road Trip fictions, don't! The ending is disappointing.. Anyway, if you just want to read Lauren Barnholdt's work, this book would be great to read in the summer!

Quote(s) I like:
Displaying photo 2.PNG
(Lol, why is this so depressing.. xD)
Review by Tran Vo

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps you've read it, but Paper Towns is such a good roadtrip book, for me anyway! It's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete