Saturday, November 1, 2014

❤ The Distance Between Us by Kasie West | Book Review ❤


The Distance Between Us by Kasie West

Publisher: HarperCollins (Harper Teen)
Released Date: July 2, 2013
Pages: 320
Genres: Young Adult, Romance, Contemporary, Chick Lit
Format & Source: eBook from King County Library System

Kasie West is the author of Pivot Point, On The Fence, The Fill-In Boyfriend, etc.

SUMMARY: (cr. Goodreads)
Money can't buy a good first impression.

Seventeen-year-old Caymen Meyers learned early that the rich are not to be trusted. And after years of studying them from behind the cash register of her mom's porcelain-doll shop, she has seen nothing to prove otherwise. Enter Xander Spence—he's tall, handsome, and oozing rich. Despite his charming ways and the fact that he seems to be one of the first people who actually gets her, she's smart enough to know his interest won't last. Because if there's one thing she's learned from her mother's warnings, it's that the rich have a short attention span. But just when Xander's loyalty and attentiveness are about to convince Caymen that being rich isn't a character flaw, she finds out that money is a much bigger part of their relationship than she'd ever realized. With so many obstacles standing in their way, can she close the distance between them?

Before Reading:
First of all, let me talk about the cover. I am a sucker for cute/girly covers, and this cover got my attention! Here's the thing, the cover has NOTHING to do with the story, AT ALL! I looked at the cover thinking this is a book about a poor boy and rich/spoiled girl, well not really spoiled but, you know~ In the book, Xander is a guy who most of the time, wear suits. And Caymen rarely wear dress, especially pink girly ones.. Also, the title got me thinking that this book must revolve around a long distance relationship, not the best title, but it does have meaning after you read the book!

While Reading:
I adore Caymen's wit and sarcasm! And their conversation got me smiling every time. :) And Xander, OH BOY XANDER, he is such a hottie! He is so full of himself in such a good way that I fell for him, gotta say one of my top Fictional Crush. I mean, who wouldn't want to have a Xander in front of their house every morning, give them a cup of hot chocolate, and share an indirect kiss! ;D
As much as I enjoy Xander and Cayme love story, the progress between Caymen and her mom keep me going. It was realistic! Parents always want to keep their children from experiencing what they themselves went through before, especially when the result is never good, but they don't know that each person's life is different!

Evaluation:
I give this book a 3.5 buns out of a 5 buns. 

It took me a week to finish this book, mostly because I had a lot of tests, but the book itself doesn't have any interesting twist and turn for me to anticipate.. 
I like this book, simple and cute! If you like one of those rich boy/poor girl, cheesy love stories, this book is for you!

Review by Tran Vo

1 comment: